14 January 2024

Day 3

 So hot. Classroom temperature was 85 F.


I finally slowed down a little bit – both because of the temperature – and because I was so nervous I was going too fast.


I started class with a problem solving puzzle – the one where there are a bunch of triangles shown and you ask students to ID how many triangles there are. The challenge being that students need to see that there are triangles within triangles. I wasn’t sure if it would work but it led to a great discussion. I had all the students stand and then have them sit based on how many triangles they saw. I was surprised at how engaged they were.


I dug deep on Friday night into the IEPs, 504s, and just what I could find out about each kid. I combined it with what I had seen so far in class and created a seating chart for each class.


No comments: